About Us
Home Contact Us Events Newsletters Sermons
Home
Contact Us
Events
Newsletters
Sermons
About Us
    
 
    The Shamrock area was first served from the Cataline Mission 40 miles north of Shamrock. On June 17, 1901, Rev. W.L. Harris, circuit rider, met with a group of personas interested in organizing a Methodist Church. The organizational meeting was held in a native walnut grove on the Mary Ruth Jones place, three miles north of Shamrock. 
 
    The church moved to Shamrock on Feb. 1, 1903, where the schoolhouse was used for services until the first building was erected in 1906.  

frst_bldg    A year later, in the fall of 1907, this building was destroyed by a tornado, but was quickly rebuilt with a bell & belfry that served for many years to remind the membership of worship services.
    
    In 1924, the second building was torn down, and a new building (now the educational building) was completed in 1927 and dedicated in the spring of 1942 by Bishop Ivan Lee Holt.  

    With Mr. Glynn Bell as chairman of the building committee, groundbreaking for the present sanctuary began in June of 1964, and the first service was conducted there on February 21, 1965.

For More information about The United Methodist Church, go to: http://www.umc.org

Site Map